Wahoo Element Bolt

Moderators: Top Commander, Team Captains

Wahoo Element Bolt

Postby irishpitbull » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:56 am

So Garmin huh... How many times has yours locked up this week? Let me tell you about a device that is going to put Garmin on notice and reduce their market share.

It's called the Element Bolt and it's made by Wahoo. Now I'm not a fan of their trainers. I burnt like 3 of those things out in a winter so I'm far from brand loyal. But my garmin's have been really pissing me off the last few months. To the point I almost threw my 520 in to a lake after it locked up going for a legit KOM ( an actual climb not some bullshit flat land sprint) I drove 3 hrs to get only to have some horseshit device I paid threw the noise ruin the whole thing.

So my quest to replace this steaming pile of donkey diarrhea as brought to this magical device. I mean its like finding an unicorn that craps gold nuggets and gives you a back rub. It took me about 3 minutes to setup my power meter, heart monitor, and data page on the device. You can have you power, HR and climb profile on the same page... Magical Unicorn that craps gold nuggets I tell you.

Garmin is dead to me. Don't waste you money on that.
"Whatever it takes."
irishpitbull
Expert
Expert

Re: Wahoo Element Bolt

Postby Snappy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:21 pm

This will probably be the death of Garmin and the bolt. I'll let you know how it is when I get mine. Should be soon.

https://www.hammerhead.io/pages/karoo

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Snappy
Sport
Sport

Postby Stevey D » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:34 pm

I’m very curious to hear a bit more long term review from you on this. I’m not super happy with my 820. Had every setting turned down to save power and it still almost died on me at Lumberjack. 3% battery left when I rolled across the line. With all the settings on normal, it almost died at Mohican 100k. Yep, barely 6 hours battery life. LAME!
Stevey D
Sport
Sport

Postby irishpitbull » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:31 pm

Snappy wrote:This will probably be the death of Garmin and the bolt. I'll let you know how it is when I get mine. Should be soon.

August was launch that never happened, September was their launch that didn't happen. Maybe next year?
"Whatever it takes."
irishpitbull
Expert
Expert

Postby Snappy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:34 pm

irishpitbull wrote:
Snappy wrote:This will probably be the death of Garmin and the bolt. I'll let you know how it is when I get mine. Should be soon.

August was launch that never happened, September was their launch that didn't happen. Maybe next year?
Could be delayed again but they are projecting shipments at the end of this Oct. Fingers crossed.

Snappy
Sport
Sport

Postby irishpitbull » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Snappy wrote:
irishpitbull wrote:

Could be delayed again but they are projecting shipments at the end of this Oct. Fingers crossed.

If you get it tell me what you think. It was on my list but I couldn't deal with my garmin anymore.
"Whatever it takes."
irishpitbull
Expert
Expert

Postby NGiordano » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:30 pm

Snappy wrote:
irishpitbull wrote:

Did your Karoo ever ship? I ordered one, but it's not coming until Spring 2018.
NGiordano
Sport
Sport

Postby Snappy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:28 pm

NGiordano wrote:

No, not yet. Apparently they were having issues with their plastics vendor. That is supposed to have been resolved and they are in production now. I am still hoping to receive it by the end of the year.

Snappy
Safety Before Strava!
Snappy
Sport
Sport

Postby NGiordano » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:45 pm

Snappy wrote:
NGiordano wrote:

No, not yet. Apparently they were having issues with their plastics vendor. That is supposed to have been resolved and they are in production now. I am still hoping to receive it by the end of the year.

Snappy
Safety Before Strava!
Interested in your thoughts once it comes. I'm less and less confident in their ability to deliver, and more importantly continue to offer support and software updates.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
NGiordano
Sport
Sport

Postby Snappy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:07 pm

NGiordano wrote:Interested in your thoughts once it comes. I'm less and less confident in their ability to deliver, and more importantly continue to offer support and software updates.

Yeah, I'll post up once I had a chance to play with it. I guess the good thing is it's android based, there's the potential for others to pick-up if they fail. Hopefully they will have Google App store integration.
Snappy
Sport
Sport

Postby Bellringer » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:59 pm

Snappy wrote:
NGiordano wrote:Interested in your thoughts once it comes. I'm less and less confident in their ability to deliver, and more importantly continue to offer support and software updates.

Yeah, I'll post up once I had a chance to play with it. I guess the good thing is it's android based, there's the potential for others to pick-up if they fail. Hopefully they will have Google App store integration.

I placed my order for a Karoo on Aug. 15 so according to Hammerhead I should receive it by Feb at this point. Hoping for a nice Christmas present to myself.
Rule# 6: Free your mind and your legs will follow.
Bellringer
Expert
Expert

Postby Snappy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:42 am

TinkleBelly (aka, BellRinger) wrote:
Snappy wrote:

I placed my order for a Karoo on Aug. 15 so according to Hammerhead I should receive it by Feb at this point. Hoping for a nice Christmas present to myself.
A few days ago they posted that they have started shipping. Might have mine this month.

Snappy
Sport
Sport

Postby Bellringer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:18 pm

Snappy wrote:
TinkleBelly (aka, TinkleBelly (aka, BellRinger)) wrote:
Snappy wrote:

A few days ago they posted that they have started shipping. Might have mine this month.

Nice!!
Rule# 6: Free your mind and your legs will follow.
Bellringer
Expert
Expert

Return to Public: Product Reviews