Abominable Snowman Ride

Moderators: Top Commander, Team Captains

Abominable Snowman Ride

Postby Pooskie » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:03 pm

Meet at the Yurt this Sat for the Abominable Snowman Ride. Ride a loop of Poto and hang out by the fire afterwards with free chili. BYOB.

Jellybean, Colorblind and I are planning to leave around 10:00am

https://www.facebook.com/events/1868140483501104/
User avatar
Pooskie
Sport
Sport
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:53 pm
Location: Gregory
Has thanked: 867 times
Been thanked: 683 times

Re: Abominable Snowman Ride

Postby Saucy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:49 pm

Bonner’s are in


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S[i]aucey[/i]
Saucy
Sport
Sport
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:41 am
Has thanked: 599 times
Been thanked: 253 times

Re: Abominable Snowman Ride

Postby JHensley » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:34 am

I am planning to ride on Saturday. When you say leave at 10, are you talking about for a ride or depart for the day?

Chips
User avatar
JHensley
Doglet
Doglet
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:07 am
Location: Williamston, MI
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Abominable Snowman Ride

Postby Colorblind » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:50 am

JHensley wrote:I am planning to ride on Saturday. When you say leave at 10, are you talking about for a ride or depart for the day?

Chips


Leaving from the Yurt for the ride.
YOU CAN HAVE RESULTS OR EXCUSES....NOT BOTH!!
User avatar
Colorblind
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:09 pm
Location: Livonia Mi
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: Abominable Snowman Ride

Postby Punch-out » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:49 am

I'm planning on it
User avatar
Punch-out
Sport
Sport
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:11 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Abominable Snowman Ride

Postby Khemykal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 pm

In
User avatar
Khemykal
Doglet
Doglet
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:43 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Abominable Snowman Ride

Postby Torrance » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:30 am

I'm really bummed. I can't make the ride.
User avatar
Torrance
Sport
Sport
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: Dearborn
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: Abominable Snowman Ride

Postby RChristensen » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:49 pm

That was fun....until the last half mile or so, when I slid out on a downhill and tagged a tree with my left shoulder. I was able to remount and ride back to the car, but it quickly became apparent than my arm was not exactly in the right place. Thanks to my GH friends for getting my bike loaded into my car and changing my shoes for me. The drive to the hospital became increasingly more uncomfortable and neared excruciating while in Emergency, even with morphine. The x rays confirmed a dislocated shoulder and with no other fracture. Whew... They were ready to sedate me to put it back in place but the doc wanted to try without first. Surprisingly, thru several manipulations, the shoulder slid back into place with virtually no pain. It’s amazing how much better your arm feels the instant it’s put back where it’s supposed to be. Thankfully, this shouldn’t keep me off the trails (and ski slopes) for very long.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
RChristensen
Doglet
Doglet
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:53 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Abominable Snowman Ride

Postby krazzy karl » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:02 pm

RChristensen wrote:That was fun....until the last half mile or so, when I slid out on a downhill and tagged a tree with my left shoulder. I was able to remount and ride back to the car, but it quickly became apparent than my arm was not exactly in the right place. Thanks to my GH friends for getting my bike loaded into my car and changing my shoes for me. The drive to the hospital became increasingly more uncomfortable and neared excruciating while in Emergency, even with morphine. The x rays confirmed a dislocated shoulder and with no other fracture. Whew... They were ready to sedate me to put it back in place but the doc wanted to try without first. Surprisingly, thru several manipulations, the shoulder slid back into place with virtually no pain. It’s amazing how much better your arm feels the instant it’s put back where it’s supposed to be. Thankfully, this shouldn’t keep me off the trails (and ski slopes) for very long.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


:shock:

Why not do the Mel Gibson Lethal Weapon slam your shoulder into the wall method?

Heal up!
Krazzy Karl

"Really fast people are frustrating, but they make you faster. When you get faster, you might frustrate someone else."
User avatar
krazzy karl
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1790
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:35 pm
Location: Sterling Hts
Has thanked: 769 times
Been thanked: 669 times

Re: Abominable Snowman Ride

Postby RChristensen » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:11 pm

krazzy karl wrote:
RChristensen wrote:That was fun....until the last half mile or so, when I slid out on a downhill and tagged a tree with my left shoulder. I was able to remount and ride back to the car, but it quickly became apparent than my arm was not exactly in the right place. Thanks to my GH friends for getting my bike loaded into my car and changing my shoes for me. The drive to the hospital became increasingly more uncomfortable and neared excruciating while in Emergency, even with morphine. The x rays confirmed a dislocated shoulder and with no other fracture. Whew... They were ready to sedate me to put it back in place but the doc wanted to try without first. Surprisingly, thru several manipulations, the shoulder slid back into place with virtually no pain. It’s amazing how much better your arm feels the instant it’s put back where it’s supposed to be. Thankfully, this shouldn’t keep me off the trails (and ski slopes) for very long.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


:shock:

Why not do the Mel Gibson Lethal Weapon slam your shoulder into the wall method?

Heal up!


[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] Haha! I did think about that. Figured I would leave it to the pros. I don’t want this to be a recurring lifelong problem.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
RChristensen
Doglet
Doglet
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:53 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Abominable Snowman Ride

Postby Saucy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:59 am

Glad that you’re ok Ryan!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S[i]aucey[/i]
Saucy
Sport
Sport
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:41 am
Has thanked: 599 times
Been thanked: 253 times


Return to Public: Ride Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

cron