Abominable Snowman Ride

Moderators: Top Commander, Team Captains

Abominable Snowman Ride

Postby Pooskie » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:03 pm

Meet at the Yurt this Sat for the Abominable Snowman Ride. Ride a loop of Poto and hang out by the fire afterwards with free chili. BYOB.

Jellybean, Colorblind and I are planning to leave around 10:00am

https://www.facebook.com/events/1868140483501104/
Pooskie
Sport
Sport

Re: Abominable Snowman Ride

Postby Saucy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:49 pm

Bonner’s are in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S[i]aucey[/i]
Saucy
Sport
Sport

Postby JHensley » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:34 am

I am planning to ride on Saturday. When you say leave at 10, are you talking about for a ride or depart for the day?

Chips
JHensley
Doglet
Doglet

Postby Colorblind » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:50 am

JHensley wrote:I am planning to ride on Saturday. When you say leave at 10, are you talking about for a ride or depart for the day?

Chips

Leaving from the Yurt for the ride.
YOU CAN HAVE RESULTS OR EXCUSES....NOT BOTH!!
Colorblind
Expert
Expert

Postby Punch-out » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:49 am

I'm planning on it
Punch-out
Sport
Sport

Postby Khemykal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 pm

In
Khemykal
Doglet
Doglet

Postby Torrance » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:30 am

I'm really bummed. I can't make the ride.
Torrance
Sport
Sport

Postby RChristensen » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:49 pm

That was fun....until the last half mile or so, when I slid out on a downhill and tagged a tree with my left shoulder. I was able to remount and ride back to the car, but it quickly became apparent than my arm was not exactly in the right place. Thanks to my GH friends for getting my bike loaded into my car and changing my shoes for me. The drive to the hospital became increasingly more uncomfortable and neared excruciating while in Emergency, even with morphine. The x rays confirmed a dislocated shoulder and with no other fracture. Whew... They were ready to sedate me to put it back in place but the doc wanted to try without first. Surprisingly, thru several manipulations, the shoulder slid back into place with virtually no pain. It’s amazing how much better your arm feels the instant it’s put back where it’s supposed to be. Thankfully, this shouldn’t keep me off the trails (and ski slopes) for very long.

RChristensen
Doglet
Doglet

Postby krazzy karl » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:02 pm

RChristensen wrote:That was fun....until the last half mile or so, when I slid out on a downhill and tagged a tree with my left shoulder. I was able to remount and ride back to the car, but it quickly became apparent than my arm was not exactly in the right place. Thanks to my GH friends for getting my bike loaded into my car and changing my shoes for me. The drive to the hospital became increasingly more uncomfortable and neared excruciating while in Emergency, even with morphine. The x rays confirmed a dislocated shoulder and with no other fracture. Whew... They were ready to sedate me to put it back in place but the doc wanted to try without first. Surprisingly, thru several manipulations, the shoulder slid back into place with virtually no pain. It’s amazing how much better your arm feels the instant it’s put back where it’s supposed to be. Thankfully, this shouldn’t keep me off the trails (and ski slopes) for very long.

:shock:

Why not do the Mel Gibson Lethal Weapon slam your shoulder into the wall method?

Heal up!
Krazzy Karl

"Really fast people are frustrating, but they make you faster. When you get faster, you might frustrate someone else."
krazzy karl
Expert
Expert

Postby RChristensen » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:11 pm

krazzy karl wrote:
RChristensen wrote:That was fun....until the last half mile or so, when I slid out on a downhill and tagged a tree with my left shoulder. I was able to remount and ride back to the car, but it quickly became apparent than my arm was not exactly in the right place. Thanks to my GH friends for getting my bike loaded into my car and changing my shoes for me. The drive to the hospital became increasingly more uncomfortable and neared excruciating while in Emergency, even with morphine. The x rays confirmed a dislocated shoulder and with no other fracture. Whew... They were ready to sedate me to put it back in place but the doc wanted to try without first. Surprisingly, thru several manipulations, the shoulder slid back into place with virtually no pain. It’s amazing how much better your arm feels the instant it’s put back where it’s supposed to be. Thankfully, this shouldn’t keep me off the trails (and ski slopes) for very long.

:shock:

Why not do the Mel Gibson Lethal Weapon slam your shoulder into the wall method?

Heal up!

[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] Haha! I did think about that. Figured I would leave it to the pros. I don’t want this to be a recurring lifelong problem.

RChristensen
Doglet
Doglet

Postby Saucy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:59 am

Glad that you’re ok Ryan!

S[i]aucey[/i]
Saucy
Sport
Sport