Cycle to Fitnesss 2018 CX Practice

Moderators: Top Commander, Team Captains

Cycle to Fitnesss 2018 CX Practice

Postby Bellringer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:33 am

Wait for the weekend to mow the grass it's time to ride the grass!!!!!

It's hot as BALLZZs out but that time of year has arrived. CYCLO-CROSS PRACTICE!
Starting next Thursday 7/19/18 meet at the shop (Cycle to Fitness) and be ready to roll at 6PM sharp. We'll roll, on grass, to the sledding hill on Hines Drive (the one by Inkster) and do a quick set up then its on for 30 minutes of grass laps. We need to make use of the light we have right now so we'll try to get in a couple hours of training in. After the 30 minute mini race we'll work on some skills for 30 minutes. This will help you recover and be ready for the next test. Then I have a couple of high intensity drills (think intervals) that will make TNW look like a bike parade. I will always be looking to change things up to keep it interesting and fun but cyclocross is an all out high intensity gut wrench so that's how we gots to train.

Skills that we will work on are barriers, run ups, sand, turns and off camber turns. One favorite day is the two cross downhill course. I'll try and have that set up a couple of times this year.

I know everyone says cross is hard and....well....that's true but all bike racing is hard right? The thing is studies show that a day or two of high intensity workouts are very complimentary to the long steady sweet spot training that we all like to do. So even if you are not a big crosser like #MotherFuckingJim you will benefit a lot from this training. Think ICEMAN, when you're trying to bridge a gap to group ahead this is the kind of high intensity workout that will get you there. Or that short punchy climb that you can pass two people on and barely slow down, yeah, this is it. How about the final sprint? Well crap there aren't any sprints at iceman right? Wrong! Half a cross race is sprinting from corner to corner. THIS WILL HELP YOUR ICEMAN TRAINING!!!

The more people that come out the more competition is there to push us all besides you know the expression, "Misery loves company" and I would love for all of you to be there.

Things to bring to practice:
Water
Gels
Tire pump and gauge (tire pressure is very important)
A willingness to work hard
weather dependent clothing
CX or Mountain bike (in good working order)

As the season progresses practice will move up to a departure time from Cycle to Fitness of 5:30PM due to the waning sunlight.

Keep an eye on this thread as we may occasionally have practice at a couple different parks. Again trying to keep things interesting.

So the first practice night is next Thursday 7/19/18 please post up if your in. If you are running late that's ok you can always drive to the sledding hill and jump right in. Plus this is a no drop ride so you get a high intensity workout, at your own level, with no fear of getting lost out on some strange road.

Lastly this practice is open to everyone from any group or club so if you are reading this you and your friends are invited.

See you next Thursday!!!
Rule# 6: Free your mind and your legs will follow.
Bellringer
Expert
Expert

Re: Cycle to Fitnesss 2018 CX Practice

Postby Pimpin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 pm

Thought it was tonight. I saw flags and spray painted lines on the grass. It sure was going on. Hope it does not conflict with our ride.
#1 Stunna

It is what it is...............
Pimpin
Pimpin..aka Big Pimpin... aka Pimp Slap
Pimpin..aka Big Pimpin... aka Pimp Slap

Postby Bellringer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:34 pm

Ok Ya'll this week CX practice is a GO!

Like I said in my original post about CX practice I want to make use of the light we have right now so practice will be longer than we've had in past years. Once mid to late September comes around we will need lights to ride back with so let's make the most of it. Here is a rough agenda for our practice:

Mini race - We have a course set up that does not need a lot of flagging and once you've ridin it you will know it. I'll make changes here and there but it will mostly be the same. 30 minutes go at you own hard as you can go pace and we all finish on my last lap.

Skills work - After a quick catch your breath and drink some water we will do barrier work as well as shouldering. I don't want to spend too much time here because you can do this on your own in your back yard or the neighborhood playground. At least I hope you do (little tip go for a 30 minute jog then work on skills is a good alternative to a long bike ride if you don't have the time or family obligations come up).

Round robbin - This is a fun and competitive drill that will tax you. It will be explained at the park.

Sprint/run/sprint - Or SPS for short. Now that the legs are feeling it this is another drill to get the legs ready for running when they don't want to.

Hill repeats - If we have time, and energy, this is another drill to boost your starting, sprinting, shouldering and running.

We leave from Cycle to Fitness at 6pm sharp. If your going to be late that's no problem you can ride there and jump in or drive to the sledding hill and jump in.

Post up if you can make it.
Bellringer
Expert
Expert

Postby Bellringer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:36 pm

CX practice is on for tomorrow. There's a chance of rain but that would only make our practice better. That being said if there's thunder and lightening, especially the lightening, I'll call it off. Watch here for updates but most likely it's on. Leave from Cycle to Fitness at 6pm.
Bellringer
Expert
Expert

Postby Bellringer » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:11 pm

Who's in for CX practice tomorrow? We roll from Cycle to Fitness at 6pm. Be ready for a killer course and 40 minutes of racing followed by skills and drills.
Bellringer
Expert
Expert

Postby Professor » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:12 am

Bellringer wrote:Who's in for CX practice tomorrow? We roll from Cycle to Fitness at 6pm. Be ready for a killer course and 40 minutes of racing followed by skills and drills.
In
Rule #10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster.
Rule #70 // The purpose of competing is to win.
Professor
Sport
Sport

Postby Bellringer » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:58 pm

Hines Dr is open so let's have some CX fun. It may rain a bit tomorrow afternoon but should be over before practice. Let's hope for wet grass and we can practice off camber corners.

As usual we leave from Cycle to Fitness in Livonia at 6pm.

Who's in?
Bellringer
Expert
Expert

Postby Professor » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:18 pm

In

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Professor
Sport
Sport

Postby EJoseph » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:34 am

In.
-Mushmouth EJo
EJoseph
Doglet
Doglet

Postby -DK- » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:27 am

In.
Brakes are overrated, they just slow you down...
-DK-
Sport
Sport

Postby Professor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:31 pm

Sorry... Out. When my wife said "Go ride your bike" apparently she meant... "No riding your bike"
Professor
Sport
Sport

Postby -DK- » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:38 am

What a treat! 60 minute CX madison race on a Bellringer designed and taped course!
Thank you for setting up such a fun course Bellringer!

Not something we get to enjoy much for CX practice. Those that didn't attend...missed out!
Brakes are overrated, they just slow you down...
-DK-
Sport
Sport

Postby Professor » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:26 pm

-DK- wrote:What a treat! 60 minute CX madison race on a Bellringer designed and taped course!
Thank you for setting up such a fun course Bellringer!

Not something we get to enjoy much for CX practice. Those that didn't attend...missed out!

Bummed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Professor
Sport
Sport

Postby Bellringer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:31 pm

Tomorrow is looking pretty scetchy with 80% chance of rain and a lot of it to boot. I'll keep y'all posted.
Bellringer
Expert
Expert

Postby krazzy karl » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:37 am

I'm getting this weird case of deja vu on the forum....
Equal Opportunity Offender
krazzy karl
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Public: Ride Announcements