Gravity 2018 - Thursdays 6PM

Moderators: Top Commander, Team Captains

Gravity 2018 - Thursdays 6PM

Postby Killer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:01 am

Back by popular demand: Gravity!

Sure, road season is over, but there's always time for a mtb/gravel ride!

Where: Meet at the Milford YMCA parking lot.
When: Ride starts at 6pm every Thursday beginning 13-September.
Route: some may not have ridden Gravity before (or tend to get lost like me). So, here is a route you can put into your Garmin: https://www.strava.com/routes/10367018 It's some road, mostly gravel. Weapon of choice is a mountain or gravel bike.
Safety: Bring some lights. It's better to get used to riding with these now, because we will definitely need them as we get deeper into the fall.

For RG's: This is not affiliated in any way with Super Prestige and no Patch can be earned here. You will only earn better fitness and the admiration of your peers.

This week only: I'll be sweeping the course at a reasonable pace and will happily ride with anyone who is unfamiliar with the route and worried about being dropped.
“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”
Killer
Sport
Sport

Re: Gravity 2018 - Thursdays 6PM

Postby Killer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:32 am

Remember: 6PM tonight! Bring lights. Ride hard. Be a badass.
Killer
Sport
Sport

Postby JLUV » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:54 am

For those of you that may have forgotten past RG and current motivational speaker on the Tony Robbins Tour :lol:

THURSDAY is the night we will be riding. I rode this Wednesday and the guys that showed up still put me to the back of the line.....funny .....so anyone that wants in will have to SAC UP ....It's on for Thursdays at 6PM ........at the YMCA in Milford 28-32 miles 1800ft of climbing.........but anyone can pick this ride up in several places....either at Dawson Rode, GM Drive Park & Ride, or Kensington all cut some minutes off your drive .......

I was unable to make it last evening, but I know it was probably a good ride with those who participated....

Miami.....are you still out of action???.....Hey,if your going to sit on the sidelines with your Big Stuff Title you better get Warrior Sports to start making carbon frames and wheels??? You are the Material Master Right?

BTW, I am calling all you guys sitting on the couch out....we have 140 team members and 90 I think are MTB`rs ....that means we have a ton of folks sitting around....I don't care what level you ride at or whether or not you know anyone on this team.....If you're riding ICEMAN you best get motivated since its only like 6 weeks out

Bring your lights and your blinking rear light ...its getting dark quicker now

Excuses like the following are NOT ACCEPTABLE:

I have kids -Well Sh!t so do I and many others ...that's life...You have a wife(normally the case) and are the man of the house- GET YOUR MARBLES OUT OF THE BOX AND MAKE IT HAPPEN
Tigers Game - Well they basically SUCK....so listen to the game on your iPOD....they have been a love and hate team all year- Give you ticket away to some kid who doesn't need to train
It's dark out - Well buy a FREAKING LIGHT....it less that $100 bones and you'll use it in the spring and winter as well
I'm not fast enough - Well, I'm old and a POS ...so as Playa always says...get on my wheel....when your lungs callapse and your heart stops...we'll come back and get ya...or use your cx Rig
I don't know you guys - Well, it's a damn good place to start feeling like a part of this team
I need to ask the wife - If you are asking permission, then just put your bike up for sale as you are way too PU$$y Whipped to ride a MTB
It's cold out - Well, I absolutely despise cold whether....but it still ends up being fun
Honey do list chores - Well, NOT on Thursdays....here's your response..."Sorry Honey you must have mistaken me for that tool next door that is raking leaves, I am a MFing MTB'r"
I'm too old - Well, BRAH....this Old JackA$$ just turned 46...Bellringer, Big Gary, Belgium Beer Boy, all are ahead of me in age and on the rides

If you have a nickname on this team, then you my friend better dig deep and start bringing it.......JUST SAYIN
Shut up LEGS!
JLUV
Expert
Expert

Postby Professor » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:03 pm

JLUV wrote:For those of you that may have forgotten past RG and current motivational speaker on the Tony Robbins Tour :lol:

THURSDAY is the night we will be riding. I rode this Wednesday and the guys that showed up still put me to the back of the line.....funny .....so anyone that wants in will have to SAC UP ....It's on for Thursdays at 6PM ........at the YMCA in Milford 28-32 miles 1800ft of climbing.........but anyone can pick this ride up in several places....either at Dawson Rode, GM Drive Park & Ride, or Kensington all cut some minutes off your drive .......

I was unable to make it last evening, but I know it was probably a good ride with those who participated....

Miami.....are you still out of action???.....Hey,if your going to sit on the sidelines with your Big Stuff Title you better get Warrior Sports to start making carbon frames and wheels??? You are the Material Master Right?

BTW, I am calling all you guys sitting on the couch out....we have 140 team members and 90 I think are MTB`rs ....that means we have a ton of folks sitting around....I don't care what level you ride at or whether or not you know anyone on this team.....If you're riding ICEMAN you best get motivated since its only like 6 weeks out

I have kids -Well Sh!t so do I and many others ...that's life...You have a wife(normally the case) and are the man of the house- GET YOUR MARBLES OUT OF THE BOX AND MAKE IT HAPPEN
Tigers Game - Well they basically SUCK....so listen to the game on your iPOD....they have been a love and hate team all year- Give you ticket away to some kid who doesn't need to train
It's dark out - Well buy a FREAKING LIGHT....it less that $100 bones and you'll use it in the spring and winter as well
I'm not fast enough - Well, I'm old and a POS ...so as Playa always says...get on my wheel....when your lungs callapse and your heart stops...we'll come back and get ya...or use your cx Rig
I don't know you guys - Well, it's a damn good place to start feeling like a part of this team
I need to ask the wife - If you are asking permission, then just put your bike up for sale as you are way too PU$$y Whipped to ride a MTB
It's cold out - Well, I absolutely despise cold whether....but it still ends up being fun
Honey do list chores - Well, NOT on Thursdays....here's your response..."Sorry Honey you must have mistaken me for that tool next door that is raking leaves, I am a MFing MTB'r"
I'm too old - Well, BRAH....this Old JackA$$ just turned 46...Bellringer, Big Gary, Belgium Beer Boy, all are ahead of me in age and on the rides

If you have a nickname on this team, then you my friend better dig deep and start bringing it.......JUST SAYIN
I love every word of this. Sounds more like a Jocko Wilink speech than Tony Robbins though.

Follow up question:
Is "I have CX practice on Thursday" an acceptable reason?
Rule #10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster.
Rule #70 // The purpose of competing is to win.
Professor
Sport
Sport

Postby Bellringer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:04 pm

JLUV wrote:For those of you that may have forgotten past RG and current motivational speaker on the Tony Robbins Tour :lol:

JLUV did you give SARG your computer??? HaHa nice post!
Rule# 6: Free your mind and your legs will follow.
Bellringer
Expert
Expert

Postby Bellringer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Bellringer
Expert
Expert

Postby Bellringer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:06 pm

Professor wrote:

I love every word of this. Sounds more like a Jocko Wilink speech than Tony Robbins though.

Follow up question:

It is professor but you have to keep up with me.
Bellringer
Expert
Expert

Postby Professor » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:57 pm

Bellringer wrote:
Professor wrote:

Follow up question:

It is professor but you have to keep up with me.
I'm working on it. I'll catch you
Rule #10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster.
Rule #70 // The purpose of competing is to win.
Professor
Sport
Sport

Postby JLUV » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:07 am

Bellringer wrote:

I just dug up an old post from 2012. Funny and motivating at the same time. I was being sarcastic about him being a Tony Robbins protégé. Cross practice is acceptable since the pain inflicted is in the same category.
Shut up LEGS!
JLUV
Expert
Expert

Postby Killer » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:41 am

Ugh. Rain sucks. Mud sucks. Save your drivetrain for another day!

Assuming somewhat dry weather, anyone interested in a Sunday, weekend edition? Say 7am?
Killer
Sport
Sport

Postby Saucy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:46 am

Killer wrote:Ugh. Rain sucks. Mud sucks. Save your drivetrain for another day!

Assuming somewhat dry weather, anyone interested in a Sunday, weekend edition? Say 7am?

Hmmm... you have my interest, 6 am? Make it the 1st 1/2 in the dark, not the last 1/2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S[i]aucey[/i]
Saucy
Sport
Sport

Postby lilbigjon » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:08 am

Killer wrote:Ugh. Rain sucks. Mud sucks. Save your drivetrain for another day!

Yeah, definitely out, after last weeks debacle. Save my drivetrain from another thorough scrubbing.
-------- __0
------ _`\<,_
----- (*)/ (*)____
lilbigjon
Sandbagger
Sandbagger

Postby Hoss » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:38 pm

I am sad that I will not be joining you this season on Gravity but I will be back STRONGER next season! Have fun and beat gravity! PDT_Armataz_40
Live Life - Taste Death, Take the fast line!
Hoss
Sport
Sport

Postby Killer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:00 am

Saucy wrote:
Hmmm... you have my interest, 6 am? Make it the 1st 1/2 in the dark, not the last 1/2?

6am is definitely possible.
Killer
Sport
Sport

Postby Saucy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:04 am

Killer wrote:
Saucy wrote:

6am is definitely possible.

Let me know...I’m interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S[i]aucey[/i]
Saucy
Sport
Sport

Next

Return to Public: Ride Announcements