ride out of northvile, sat 4 mar, 10 am

Moderators: Top Commander, Team Captains

ride out of northvile, sat 4 mar, 10 am

Postby KBlankenship » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:02 pm

this saturday a small group will be riding out of northville...

the plan is to meet at 9:45 and roll out at 10:00 from the parking lot across from the northville sports den.

the dirt roads haven't been in the best condition lately, but the forecast tells me that there's a good chance we'll be able to ride them this weekend. i haven't committed on a route yet, but i'll come up with a ~60 mile dirt route and a ~70 mile road route. if the dirt roads are crappy, we'll switch over to the road route.

it's tough to *guarantee* a no-drop ride, but the goal is certainly to keep everyone together. there will be times when people go fast off the front, but they will hard stop and regroup before the route takes a turn, so just keep going with the flow until you see people.

cx and mtb would be the preferred bike, but fat bikes will work too if you're strong enough and even road bikes will work if this isn't your first time riding a road bike on dirt (28 mm tires would be a good idea).

-- kent.
KBlankenship
Sport
Sport

Re: ride out of northvile, sat 4 mar, 10 am

Postby Bellringer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:33 pm

KBlankenship wrote:this saturday a small group will be riding out of northville...

the plan is to meet at 9:45 and roll out at 10:00 from the parking lot across from the northville sports den.

the dirt roads haven't been in the best condition lately, but the forecast tells me that there's a good chance we'll be able to ride them this weekend. i haven't committed on a route yet, but i'll come up with a ~60 mile dirt route and a ~70 mile road route. if the dirt roads are crappy, we'll switch over to the road route.

it's tough to *guarantee* a no-drop ride, but the goal is certainly to keep everyone together. there will be times when people go fast off the front, but they will hard stop and regroup before the route takes a turn, so just keep going with the flow until you see people.

cx and mtb would be the preferred bike, but fat bikes will work too if you're strong enough and even road bikes will work if this isn't your first time riding a road bike on dirt (28 mm tires would be a good idea).

-- kent.

Hey Rocket Man you can always join our group if your available Sunday check it out viewtopic.php?f=20&t=12277
Yeah I just hijacked your thread....deal with it! SR8
Rule# 6: Free your mind and your legs will follow.
Bellringer
Expert
Expert

Postby KBlankenship » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:41 pm

Bellringer wrote:
KBlankenship wrote:this saturday a small group will be riding out of northville...

-- kent.

Hey Rocket Man you can always join our group if your available Sunday check it out viewtopic.php?f=20&t=12277
Yeah I just hijacked your thread....deal with it! SR8

i thought your ride was on saturday and was going to do it, but then realized it was sunday... sundays just don't work for me. i love riding to chelsea though... maybe after barry, we can do it on a saturday?
KBlankenship
Sport
Sport

Postby QuarterPounder » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:50 pm

yay! Looking forward to in see ya there! :D
QuarterPounder
Doglet
Doglet

Postby KBlankenship » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:03 am

dirt road option... 60 miles with options to skip barton hills and shortcut at the end. as well as an option to jump on the paved route below if we don't like the dirt.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/19046002

paved road option... 69 miles with options to short cut in the middle and at the end

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/19181439
KBlankenship
Sport
Sport

Postby the Canadian » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:24 pm

Luke you should ride this ride with Kent and make sure you can finish 60+ miles on Kent's wheel since you singed up to the Waterloo Grit and Gravel!!! Kent is looking to use this ride to spring board into the Grit and Gravel. You know me I don't spread any rumors but he thinks you are a little soft at the start of this year. :twisted:
Everyday is a great day for biking eh!
the Canadian
Sport
Sport

Postby Cool Hand » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:28 am

There's a shopping cart right at my house, I'll just sneak away when everyone goes for a snack :)

I can't ride this weekend but I'll post a route for early next Saturday in case folks are interested in previewing the Waterloo course.

Gravel roads are perfect right now - enjoy!
Cool Hand
Beginner
Beginner

Return to Public: Ride Announcements